Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sorry!

So sorry for the lack of postings, but the Internet is not really working for me. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm alive and well, but it may be a bit longer before I have a strong enough connection to blog about anything in depth or to post pics.

Just a quick tidbit...I've been to a couple English classes lately and I find that they are some of my favorite parts of the week. I really enjoy learning techniques for teaching and observing the various learning styles in action in a culture different from my own. It's given me a greater desire to start working on my TESOL training.
Also, while in these classes I've been challenged afresh to learn more of Kreole. The two American girls that I'm rooming with are really excited about learning the language too, so we're trying to quiz each other and go over and over everything we know constantly. It's been fun and I feel like I'm starting to really get some of it. It's def. not as smooth or fast as a Haitian, but I'm understanding sooo much more and my Kreole vocab is growing daily. I'm excited about it!

Hopefully I'll be back on to post more soon. Until then, take care and God bless.

No comments: