Friday, June 11, 2010

Just a little FYI:


Some of you may have heard that my camera, Doris bit the dust this year...and unfortunately I found out that she wasn't worth fixing due to the outrageous cost to do so. I was rather distraught about this, because how could I spend 6 wks in Haiti and not have any pics to show from my venture?!?

Well, thanks to some very generous giving(by various ppl), I was able to pay my expenses and then purchase a camera. I actually had ppl that specifically asked if I would put some of their money toward getting a camera, so it's been a real blessing to have this all work out. (Also, it's nice to still be a part of the Cannon [powershot] family...instead of the Fuji 24 shot club.)

I know that may not seem so big to some of you, but I was almost in tears thinking about it one day, and to the point of just wanting to buy some disposable cameras to take along -- that would've been a fun through back to about age 14.  =]

Anyway, hopefully I will now be able to post at least a few pics while I'm away. Thanks so much to those of you that made this possible! You'll def. be seeing some of the results at some point, even if it's after I'm back!
Oh, and if you care...this one's name is Dalton. It's def. a he...

No comments: